WARNING: Customizing engine calibration should only be done in rare cases where you've installed an Altrac device on a non-standard engine. The default calibrations are sufficient for 98% of all Wind Machine installations.
If RPM calibration is not set up correctly you may see a warning telling you the wind machine should be running but it not currently running.
RPM on a wind machine is measured through the RPM sensor already present on your wind machine. In certain circumstances, the default RPM does not match the wind machine's actual. Use the steps below to create a custom calibration.
- Go to your Altrac account.
- Click one the wind machine with bad RPM data.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner to access settings.
- Click on 'RPM Calibration'.
- Change 'RPM Calibration' to 'Custom'.
- To set a custom RPM calibration, run your Wind Machine through a full run cycle that includes engine off, warm up, full run and cool down.
- Adjust the 'Speed Multiplier' until your RPM matches actual RPM on wind machine panel. Actual RPM varies per machine type, but is typically ~2000 RPM for full run and ~1000 for Warm Up.
- Set "Warm Up Value" to a number 10-20% below the engines warm up speed. The warm up RPM is normally seen as a short step midway between zero and full run.
- Set "Full Run Value" below to a number above the warm up speed and under the full run speed.
- Review your settings. When this is done correctly, the red line for warm up value will appear between engine off and warm up speed and the red line for full run value will appear between warm up speed and full run speed.
- Click 'Save'