5/16" Nut Driver - #32 Hose Clamps
7/16" Open End Wrench - Davis Weather Station U-bolts
Step 1: Check Cellular Station Connectivity
Plug in the internal battery. You should see a white/green light appear on the cellular modem. This is a good time to check cellular signal strength. If the MultiStation successfully connects to the cloud, you will see information appear in your webapp account. If the MultiStation fails to connect, you will see a blinking green light on the modem. You can find readings in the webapp by following these instructions: insert
Step 2: Assemble the Altrac Station
(1) Screw on the two mounting brackets to the back of the Altrac enclosure. You will need a Phillips screwdriver.
Step 3: Assemble the Weather Station
(1) Follow the Davis User Manual for assembly instructions.
Step 4: Mount the Weather Station
(1) Mount the Davis Weather Station on the top of a pole or post. Use a 1.5" pole or similar. The Weather Station includes a cable 100' (30m) in length, so it does not need to be on the same pole/post as the Altrac device. Do not cover the weather station with the solar panel or Altrac Station. This will affect the sensors.
Step 5: Mount the Altrac Station
(1) Mount the Altrac Station to a pole or post. Use included #32 hose clamps to attach to a pole or your own screws for a post.
Step 6: Mount the solar panel
(1) Use the included carriage bolts to secure the solar panel in the open position.
(2) Use the included #32 hose clamps to secure the solar panel to a pole. Alternatively use screws to secure the panel to a post.
Step 7: Plug in the solar panel
(1) Insert Solar Panel wires into the Altrac Station through the small 4 hole cable gland.
(2) Solar Panel Power + (Red) to Solar + terminal on the Altrac Station.
(3) Solar Panel Ground (Black) to GND terminal on the Altrac Station.
(4) Tighten the cable gland.
Step 8: Plug in the Davis Weather Station
(1) Insert the COMM wire through the large cable gland on the bottom of the Altrac Station.
(2) Plug the COMM wire into the RJ11 receptacle.
(3) Apply the Laird sealant to the COMM wire near the cable gland.
Step 9: Attach Secondary Temperature Probe